Saturday, September 11, 2010

it is what it is

It is 12:59 am on Friday night. The man and I just got home from putting the last coat of poly on the floors before we move into Willacy in 9 hours. The floors look alright. Not perfect by any standard and not even good enough by my standards but .....

".....it is what it is."

This seems to be my mantra of late.

Tomorrow as we move in the plumber will be there hooking up sinks and toilets because with 7 people in a house sinks and toilets are a necessity. The furnace guys will be there as well cleaning out the battered and dust encrusted vents. Because it is cold outside. And I want to turn on the heat so I don't freeze. That's not too much to ask is it? I didn't think so.

Nothing like having all the excitement happen at once.

Oh well..... it is what it is.

Now I must sleep for tomorrow the impossible will become possible. Just watch me move mountains.

I am woman. Hear me roar!

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing Catherine!! I hope all goes well with your move today and that you can take a much needed break when you are all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have an event free move! Good luck and hopefully Willacy starts being nice to you now that you live there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey - that's been my mantra for the last few weeks too! its perfect and totally states exactly how i feel. there's a lot of crap happening with friends and it just feels nice to say it. especially out loud and to their face. i hope everything goes well with your move, new schools, new ward, new area. you'll be loved where you land. i miss you - geez, now that your husband is gone i've lost mine to his old calling. i've instructed him to sign his emails "Prez Fez" which isn't being taken seriously enough. who else will understand my frustrationg that safeway is the only place that stocks 4 boxes of lime diet pepsi at a time!

    ReplyDelete