Friday, April 1, 2011

april fools. i wish.

Today is April 1st. This has many meanings.

1. It is the end of vegetarian month.

2. It is the beginning of facebook free month.

3. It is my blog-aversary. Or my bloggy birthday. Call it what you may. We need to celebrate. I just need to figure out what that means. I should've said something on facebook before I left. Dang it.

So, back to 1. Vegetarian month was awesome. It really was. I loved it. I was bowled over with all the ideas of food deliciousness that have always been available to me but I had never tapped on because, well, I never bothered to try.

What I loved most about it was how easy AND delicious all the meals were. Well most of them. Not dealing with meat frees up a lot of time. You can make something amazing in 15 minutes.

A herb garden at my window would have been super handy though. And I never once made potatoes, which is so interesting to me because I figured it would be a staple. And, well, it wasn't.

What I didn't love was the gas. I had gas. A lot of gas. But I never felt bloated or ill. Just gas-y. Small price to pay, I suppose.

I also didn't love the how oldest children complained. Actually, complained is the wrong word because they weren't allowed to complain. That was the deal. No whining about food during vegetarian month. They didn't whine but instead just plain refused to eat. When I announced that I was only going to be making meat once a week for the month of April Jack said he would be starved to death by May.

RIP Jack. You were loved......until vegetarian month.

The man LOVED vegetarian month although he wasn't a true vegetarian like I was. He loved the meals I made at dinner. The man took to the quinoa like they were soul mates who'd been separated tragically and then reunited after years of anguish and the knowledge that their other half had been ripped from them. It was like a love story equalled only by that in a Jane Austin novel.

We love the man. And Jane Austin.

Back to 2. Facebook free month. It did occur to me that since it is April fools today I could actually change my mind and tell everyone I was joking. Before I even closed my account I was missing it and felt like I was saying good bye to my very bestest of friends.

What have I done?

I have no friends over here in the SE of Calgary. None in my ward. None that I see except at book club once a month. I have no connection to anyone I really know except through facebook.

Again, I reiterate, what have I done???

It is going to be a long, lonely month...........

Back to 3. April 14 is the one year anniversary of my blog. I do believe I would like to give something away. Or somethings. So if you want something, you better keep coming back to see what they are and then you better play along. Only if you want to though. Only if you want to. No pressure. None.

What is it?? I don't know. Maybe a few of my favourite things??

When the dog bites. When the bee stings. When I'm feeling sad. I simply remember my favourite things...... And then I don't feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel sooooo saaaaaad.

Where is this going?

I don't have a clue.

3 comments:

  1. One of your favs...is it a book????!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been facebook free for almost a year now and don't miss it at all. I am now free of all of the self centered remarks that people post to make themselves feel good and I don't worry about comparing myself to the next person near as much. Good luck, the first couple weeks were hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you just so you know

    ReplyDelete