Monday, April 11, 2011

the skinny on monday

Just a quick note. I had a great week last week working out. I said before that I was seeing no progress but I don't think that's true anymore. The running is still so slow but I feel stronger doing it and I am starting to see some changes in my legs. My jeans still don't fit but we're working on it.

I did 5 workouts. Only two were runs but I think the elliptical is helping with my stamina and also strengthening my legs. Total miles was 39.18. I think that's pretty good.

I had a rough sleep week though. 5 bad nights where I was up at 5 and slept poorly until then. I have also been eating sugar. Way too much sugar. Today I am eating none, nor will I for a very long time, to see if it helps the sleep thing.

It is so strange to me.

The man told me he was contemplating giving up sugar for a month. Seriously? Seriously???

Well, then I am contemplating a trip away with the children at the exact same time.

What a coincidence.

3 comments:

  1. All that talk about starting drinking was joke... Hopefully "husband" wasn't drunk when he said he might give up sugar. I certainly wasn't kidding when I said lives would be lost if I ever gave up sugar completely. Since my opinion carries so much weight, tell "husband" I said I think it's a terrible idea. But that's just me. And sugar is my drug of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the running!! That is really awesome to start to recognize effete. PS. I was an elliptical fanatic (because of the crappy knees) and I thought the miles translated right across to treadmill miles. They totally don't. Test it. One mile of elliptical vs one mile run. Very different. Although it IS nice to see the higher mileage. Again, congrats on the success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just about to start working out after some absence. Then i broke my ribs! Oh well. It'll be awhile before i can ride a bike or use my rowing machine again...

    AND giving up sugar right.before.EASTER! Ack! Silly man, silly silly man!

    ReplyDelete