Tuesday, April 19, 2011

the light fixture that no one likes, except me.

Once upon a time I was cleaning my kitchen and the doorbell rang. I opened the door to the tiniest, smallest, most angelic soccer superstar I'd ever seen. And I mean tiny. Like 3 foot nothing. She smiled and identified herself as 'Megan, the soccer the player'. She was precious. And small. She asked me a question.

"Do you have any pop cans?"

I stood silent. Not because I didn't know what to say but because I was measuring up her girth and checking out her little birdie arms and their pop can carrying potential. They looked worthy.

"Why, yes I do." I said. You're about to become your team hero, I thought to myself. "Hold on tight chickie," I said, "I hope you're feeling brawn-ish."

Her face lit up when I returned with two enormous blue bags filled to the brim with pop cans. I figured two was enough since each bag was actually taller than she was. Plus, I didn't want to injure the wee child.

"Wow! Thanks", she said grinning ear to ear. "Oh, and by the way, I love your light fixture."

And I love you, I thought adoringly as she waddled off enveloped in a sea of blue.




Anyway, don't forget about my giveaway. Two more sleeps.

4 comments:

  1. I already told you I like the light fixture.
    The ultrasound girl said I "might" be having a girl.
    I said "thanks for nothing" since OBVIOUSLY I might be having a girl. I might also be having a boy.
    Get back on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling you might be having a girl. But then.... I had that same feeling about a boy. Strange, isn't it?

    11 more sleeps until the ultimate facebook return.

    Sorry this is in my comments. I'm too lazy to return it anywhere else. You probably will never even see this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's your light fixture?? I love it!! I think you should take another picture and post it, so I can see it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Amber...better picture so I can really see it!

    ReplyDelete