Thursday, February 28, 2013

if there is a before then there must be an after

Poor poor neglected blog. I treat you so bad. Forgive me.

So, like I said, I redid my bedroom and I may have promised some people some before and after pics. I was all gung ho and then I stopped caring. But now I care again.

There are rules. First one, all these pics are from my iPhone. It's as good as I am prepared to promise. Rule the second, the before ones I remembered to take the second before I started moving furniture and my room was a pigsty. Get over it. Rule C, if you hate dark walls and are perhaps my mother, then look away. Or be prepared to bite your tongue. Number 4, it is night time, there is no natural light. I am truly sorry.

Just remember, I love it and that's all that really matters here.

Before:


Weird windows.

Dainty white curtains. So much love for my curtains. And that cute child.
Steel Wool. The most romantic name for a paint colour.


You can tell which bedside table is mine. The man doesn't read.

New bedding on top. New headboard fabric on bottom.

Every girl needs a place to hang her hats.

Old light? Was the standard nipple dome light. Ewwww. This is the new one. Again with the love.



The end.

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I love the remake. It looks so bright in there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a pretty change!! I love the bedding fabric so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I was gone one weekend and Jason moved all our bedroom furniture to the middle of our room and then started to paint trim, fast forward a couple of months, furniture is still in the middle of the room with no additional painting been finished - you've inspired me to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. You are inspiring me, we need to do some painting (and other work), and I really need to get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your light fixture! You did such an awesome job - and so quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks SO good. It makes me ask myself why can't I get a room painted. Oh yes, I did once. Twice actually, but the second time didn't work out. AND I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN about the lights. Why are there all these boobies hanging from all the ceilings in my house?

    ReplyDelete