Monday, April 19, 2010

Retreat!

Every year this guy.....


and I go on a foster parent retreat. It has always been in Canmore and I love Canmore. Our agency pays for one night at the Hotel Of The Rockies and we eat until we want to puke and then sit through a day of training. I'm not going to lie, usually most of the training is really bad. There is always a morning session that everyone has to do and, on the whole, it is pretty good. This year it was excellent. The afternoon session is split up into three or four classes that we have to choose from. There is always a nature walk, it fills up first because everything else is D.U.M.B. This year we managed to get into the walk....THANK GOODNESS!!!!!

So we walked in the mountains with these dudes......


and these dudes.....


We stopped every few minutes to listen to this fabulous lady tell stories.......

And we also saw some pretty beautiful scenery....






I love the mountains, they make me feel good. And if this is what is considered 'training' in the eyes of the government then sign me up any day.

1 comment:

  1. i love canmore too. i'm glad you enjoyed your time there!

    ReplyDelete