Friday, October 8, 2010

muffins for nothin'

I am avoiding my daily chores, which consist of painting my bedroom, with the computer. I am listening to the children bicker and I know they are bickering because they are tired. They are tired because I made the mistake of saying that they could stay up late last night watching the second Matrix with the man. Late for this house means 9 pm. And, yes, this included the four year old. Is it any wonder the last kid is always wrecked?

I thought I'd be a nice mommy and get up this morning and make homemade blueberry muffins for them. So I did. After they were made I offered them to the children.

Cicely ate one and said "Thanks for the muffin mom, they are delicious" and then proceeded to make herself a bagel. She is not feeling well this morning so I left her alone.

Holden took one bite and said "I don't like it." This is the kid who every time we go to Tim Hortons orders a blueberry muffin.

Jack ate one and then started to dig around in the fridge for bagels. This is where I got super annoyed and said,

"Look you guys! I made you muffins for breakfast. Why are you searching for other food?"

Cicely: "Oh, I didn't know they were for breakfast."

Me: "It's 9:30 in the morning, what did you think they were for?"

Jack: "A snack?"

This is where I vowed, out loud, never to make them muffins for breakfast again.

See, I don't like baking. I like eating. If I bake, I eat. If anyone bakes, I eat. Out of the 36 muffins I made I will probably eat 28 of them myself. So why did I do it?

For nothing..........apparently........except maybe a bigger butt.

3 comments:

  1. Back again, to see if this time it will allow me to comment (kept going to error).

    Happy A Fantastic Thanksgiving Weekend--and don't worry about eating all the muffins. That's what Th'giving is for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GRRRR...so frustrating! I thought it would get better when kids were older, not worse! At 17 months, my daughter will throw, gag, spit up or flat out refuse a meal I've taken 1 hour to lovingly prepare. How can I go on knowing it gets WORSE?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you don't even know how loudly I hear you!!!

    ReplyDelete