Wednesday, October 20, 2010

no sassy at school

Before kindergarten started this year I sat with Amelia and gave her the low down on what was expected from her at school. Her birthday is in January so she is one of those kids that has the option to go to school early or wait another whole year. Being the fabulous mother I am I opted to get rid of her sooner than later.

She was ready and dying to go. I'm not really a bad mother.....most of the time.

I told her that she needed to put her hand up if she had a question. She wasn't to just talk out during the class. I also told her that her sassiness was to be left at home.

No sassy at school. That is the rule.

At night when she says her prayers, our hearts melt with the things she says. When I had Bell's Palsy she would pray that my face wouldn't be broken anymore and that I would be proud of my face. She always asks that Jesus will have a good night sleep. She's precious.

But, at the beginning of the school year she gave this prayer.

"Dear Heavenly Father,

Bless me to sleep well.
Bless me to have a good life.
Bless me to raise my hand at school when I have to pee.
Bless me not to be sassy to my teacher.

Amen."


At parent teacher interviews her teacher said she's a dream. Tell me about it.

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to steal your rule and tell Bens he has to leave the sass at home when he goes to school. Thant's BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to do an intervention with my daughter because she kept hugging and kissing her friends at school! I tried to be serious about it, but anyone looking at my face probably would have seen my amusement.

    ReplyDelete