Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ten tidbits about me

Here are ten things I bet you didn't know about me. Hold on because this is pretty exciting stuff.

1. I read magazines backwards. Like from back to front. It seems more natural to me. I don't read books back to front, that would be weird.

2. I pluck my eyebrows in the car. The lighting is better there. I keep the tweezers in my purse and if it's day time and I'm not driving then I pluck pluck pluck.

3. I saw Mamma Mia in the theatre 4 times. If you didn't care for Mamma Mia then there is something wrong with you, not me.

4. The man and I got married after knowing each other for only 7 months. 7 months from meeting to marriage. Craaaaazyyyyy! The more I think about it the more insane I think I was back then. And so so young! I'm lucky it's working out so great.

5. When I graduated from high school I had no idea what I wanted to "BE" so I went in to Music Performance at the University of Calgary to train to become a concert pianist. After three months I realized that people who don't know what they want to be when they grow up don't become concert pianists. My 17 year old devised plan was dumb. So I transferred to Mount Royal College and studied Criminology. After getting a two year diploma I transferred back to the U of C to finish a degree in Psychology. I dropped out after one semester because I was distracted. See #4.

6. I am the only one of 5 children without a Masters degree in my family. In fact, I don't even have a degree. I only went as far as a diploma. I am waaaay undereducated compared to my siblings. But I am, by far, the nicest one so I have that going for me. I guess post secondary education wasn't my gig. I have regret.

7. I drink between 3 and 4 litres of water a day and have for the last 15 years. I would die within the first 48 hours of Survivor. I attribute my wrinkle free face to this. The water thing, not the Survivor thing.

8. Remember when I fell on my bum? Well, that spot still hurts me from time to time.

9. I own shoes I've never worn. Actually, I own clothes I've never worn either. This is strange to me.

10. If I knew then what I know now I would have become an acupuncturist, or an author, or a psychologist. Or I would have at least finished a degree in university, probably in literature of some type or psychology.

I'm fascinating, aren't I?

This is what's becoming of me. Narcissism. I have to talk about myself because there is no one else here. But then, I guess, blogs by nature are narcissistic. So maybe I'll just talk about myself more. Or shut 'er down because I am running out of fodder for my blog.

Or maybe I should get a dog..........

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating about the concert pianist thing! I went to school for piano as well...then quickly dropped from a bachelor of music to a bachelor of arts and then went into education. And have never taught an actual day. I was a confused 17 year old. I guess I'm still confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.... so you are human then? I might try drinking more water for the wrinkle free face thing... isn't it annoying having to go to the loo all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's very annoying. Especially after 4 kids. But I do what I gotta do.

    ReplyDelete