Tuesday, February 14, 2012

be mine



Valentine's Day. I could take it or leave it. There seems to be an abnormal amount of haters for the holiday of lovers, however. What's with all the hating? And don't say "The day is so commercialized," and "I don't need a holiday to tell people I love them." It's cliche. Just buy some treats and enjoy it. It's not big deal.

I think, and I'm usually right, that people pretend to hate it so that when nothing great happens they can be all "Yeah, I hate Valentine's Day anyway so it's good that my husband didn't buy a $40 bouquet of flowers that are just going to die in a couple of days anyway."

Come on now people, it's not that bad.

The man and I decided years ago that we do enough nice things together that we don't need to spend money on that day specifically. Plus, I'm always on a diet so he was told never to bring me chocolate.

The kids make it fun though. I always do something special for them. They are my little Valentines.

Last night as I was fading out I told the man that it would be really sweet if he would fill my truck up this morning. See, I hate filling my truck up.

Hate it.

Not only did he fill it up but he drove to and fro from seminary this morning so I didn't have to go out. Which was really sweet. Except he didn't tell me so I got up and got dressed and put my shoes on and went to the door and.........

Oh well, it's the thought. Or something like that.

For my Valentine gift I decided I wasn't making supper. Because I love me so much I figure I shouldn't have to do any work.

I am the best.








Happy Valentine's Day. Especially to the haters. It seems as though they need extra loving today.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a hater! I'm a non-celebrator though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love the Shasta! Hilarious!

    We had chinese too... and no flowers or candy from hubby--- he got me a BATHING SUIT! eep!

    Oh well, saves me from searching for one.

    Happy Valentines!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So for Valentines Day my kids took me grocery shopping. So thoughtful hey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you end up ordering from?Looks like a great valentines:My gift to you is to tell you I found errors in your last two posts :D but I am not going tell you what they are:D lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having the hubs fill up my gas tank is one of the greatest gifts he can do for me. I HATE HATE getting gas. I got myself a gift too. An egg mcmuffin for breakfast and cupcakes for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm... Where did you get Shasta pop?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dollar store!!!! haha $1.25 for 2.5 litres of sugar syrup. Mmmmmmm

      Actually I didn't have any but the kids liked it. And so did the man.

      Delete