Wednesday, May 15, 2013

rotting on a beach. a picture essay.

So, I am back from Mexico. You know what I did in Mexico? I laid on a chair and read books. And when I got hot I got up and ran into the ocean or when I was sanded out I hopped into the pool. When I got hungry I walked to the nearest buffet.

It was glorious. Maybe not the backpacking across Spain or the ruin seeking adventure many people aim for when they choose to vacation but it was exactly what I wanted and needed. I didn't lift a finger to serve anyone and instead let myself be served and I have no guilt about that.

The man was a good sport, he just followed me around and carried my stuff like the good sherpa he his. 

The sun soothed my soul. It was nice to be away from life with just my husband. 

I read four novels and only one sucked beyond words. I'll give you a hint. It was called Divergent. What a piece of crap. Anyway...

The internet was sketchy at best down there but we didn't care because we were escaping the world. Well, I didn't care until half of my pictures got sucked into oblivion from my phone. iCloud is cranky in Mexico. I'm sure they are somewhere in the inter webs but I have no idea how to find them. So I only have a few pictures to share and not my faves. Like the awesome puffer fish that got washed up on the beach as I walked by and viciously tried to take my life.

No he didn't. He actually just laid there like a gentleman while I took pictures of him. But those pictures are gone, so...

Here's what's left.


































This little monkey missed me. A lot. Sweet little thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment