Thursday, January 2, 2014

the resolution that was. or wasn't?

Well, it's a new year. I feel obligated in a sense to make grand plans and reinvent myself. But I'm not going to. It might be because it's 8:30 in the morning. Or it might be because I'm extraordinarily lazy by nature. But then, it might be because it's just not something I do.

I do plan on things being different in certain aspects of my life, like adding three more semesters to my university repertoire and watching my kids grow another year. Hopefully Cicely will get her learners license in 2014. Finally. She has already failed it three times and if you tell her I told you that I might have to add murder to my repertoire as well. What is the deal with this child of mine?

She said to me, "The test is so hard. Not even you could pass it."

To which I replied, "Ummmmm, I did pass it. 26 years ago."

To which she made a grunting noise and rolled her eyes at me. I love her.

I have seen many people in the nets of the inter (that was Catietalk for the internet) proclaim a word they want to be the focus of their lives for the next year. I have never done this but have always thought it a perfectly lovely idea. So this year I chose one. It took exactly .3 seconds to come up with and I have no intention of telling you why I think it came to mind so quickly.

Well, not yet, anyway. I will one day. Because after all, we are BFF's and I tell you everything.

It is Recovery. Chew on that for breakfast.

I will tell you, however, about a sweater I bought for the man. I figured it was time he had a new sweater, a good-going-out sweater, something to go out on the town with.

Yes, we go out on the town!

No we don't. We don't ever go out on the town and to be honest, I don't even know what that would mean for an old married couple. This might be why he has chosen to wear this fancy new sweater as his daily lounging sweater. I was almost certain he wouldn't even like it but as it turns out he loved it and didn't take it off for days and days. I was forced to hide it under the bed until I could wash it. It was like his man muumuu. He came home from work, showered and put on his good-going-out sweater with sweatpants and lounged in it all night. All he needed was a pipe to complete his ensemble. I tried to take a picture of him, daily, wearing his good-going-out sweater in different positions about the house. But he gave me that look and that look means don't mess with me, mama!

Actually, that look means nothing to me but bless his heart, he tries so dang hard.

Okay, off topic, as per usual. Back to the new year's resolution thing.... Really when it comes down to it, I'm just glad church switched to the 1 pm time slot and that I hired a cleaning lady to help me out this semester and that my children are so healthy it should frighten me but really it just pleases me to death. And I have great friends and a super duper husband and many many many children who hardly ever make me irritated or frustrated and one of my new years resolutions should be to cut back on the sarcasm....

But then, what would I be without a constant dose of sarcasm on this crazy high called life?

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment