Friday, May 2, 2014

a friday catchup

Boo!

I know, you thought I had vanished, and I sort of did. I fell into the chasm of life and life can be a whirling dervish. But right now I am here, in my bed, with my laptop, nursing some hungry hormones and useless cramps and wondering why I feel panic at having nothing to do. Since the beginning of January I have had something pressing to do every minute of every day and now the semester is done, finals are done and I literally have nothing pressing at the moment. The man has gone skiing and so I feel that if I want to sit in bed and watch the Flix all morning then that is what I will do.

Thank you very much.

My 3 three old nephew calls it the Flix and he is dead right. It is flixy.

So let's update the blog and catch myself up with life. Let's see...where to start?

Let's start with the fosters. In a nutshell, I will say that having these fosters made me reevaluate life and when they moved out a couple of weeks ago we decided, or I did, that I am not fostering anymore. Having gone back to school, having difficult teens of my own, and basically being spread as thin as a chubby girl can be spread, it was time to take a look at what can go and what can't. Since it would appear unethical to rid myself of my own teens, and I have no intention of getting this far in my degree to walk away, it just seemed right to end a fostering career that didn't feel good anymore.

Maybe I'll tell you more about that later, maybe I won't. The boys moved in with family which is a good thing and so that is that.

Next, school. Yesterday I received two of my four class marks. One was for geology, which has terrorized me for the last 4 months and the other was for a Canadian pop culture history class. One of these appears to be an easy A and the other, as I said, terrorized me for the last 4 months. I don't know what it takes to get an A in this history class but I clearly don't have it. For as brilliant as I think I am, whoever marked all the writing I did for this class did not agree with me. I did better in geology, the terror, than in Canadian pop culture. How does one not get an A in hockey, rock n' roll and corsets?

I don't get it. University is baffling unto me.

Next, the gray. I have four gray hairs and I have named them all Jack. Okay, Cicely can have one. But Jack gets the rest. The punk.

What is the deal with teenagers? Can someone please enlighten me? Why are they wired to drive their parents nuts? I spend most of my day shaking my head in disbelief at their wild mood swings, their strange choices and just at their general...everything. How ever will I survive the next 15 years?

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to my parents for their gray hairs named Catherine. For I assume there are many.

If you have easy teens then move on. There's nothing to see here. I don't need to know. I already spend too much time trying to figure out where I am going wrong. I don't need more to think about.

Mostly I am being over dramatic. Or am I? I blame my hormones.

So how about you? Whassup?

2 comments:

  1. I am dreading the day when I get grey hair in name of my children. I know there were be many Jacquelines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you! Don't let me down, I am counting in you to get through this teenager business so that you can advise me in future years. Please!

    ReplyDelete