Monday, August 1, 2011

a recipe @foryourenjoyment and also thoughts on twitter #artoftimesuckage

I am overwhelmed, and a tad frustrated, by the idea of social media. Just when you think you have mastered the art of social media another opportunity pops up that seems impossible to wrap your head around. Facebook is fun and it isn't rocket science. Most people get it and are on it and use it and it's all good. But then there's Twitter. And StumbleUpon. And Pinterest. And Linkedin. And the new Google+ (what on earth is Google+?) And who knows what else. I don't get it and I'm pretty sure I don't want to. Or maybe I do? I'm dazed. And confused.

I have recently started up a Twitter account as a social experiment.

An experiment is defined as this: A scientific procedure undertaken to make a discovery, test a hypothesis, or demonstrate a known fact.

So after a couple of weeks of hard core tweeting to my twats and twips and all variety of people with nothing better to do, these are my findings.

I have discovered that Twitter is fickle and pretty much useless.

The hypothesis that Twitter might help grow my blog is proving to be flawed. More action, but not more growth. How much time should it take anyway? And who has that kind of time?

My joining Twitter has in fact demonstrated a known fact. The known fact is that there is an infinite amount of time to be wasted on social media. I have demonstrated this over and over and over again. I am a champion at the art of time suckage.

So to Twitter I ask: What is your point?

However, I will push on because if you are friends with me on facbeook then you know how much I like to share 'what's on my mind' with the world. Twitter is just one more place to do that. And, since no one knows me there, I can use bad words.

Just kidding.

Am I though??

It's just one more way to feed the beast.

Speaking of feeding the beast....... Have you ever had a pizzookie?

My lovely baker daughter, otherwise know as baker-girl, whose soul purpose in life seems to be to bake until I either need to be jaws of life-d out of my house or until all grocery stores on the planet have run out of flour and sugar, made them a couple of days ago. She has wanted to make them for months now but our lack of ramekins and my refusal to purchase any has hindered her evil plot to rule the baking kingdom.

We stumbled upon them at the dollar store and her eyes lit up like reflections of the moon on the sea at night. How was I to resist? 2 for a $1.25. I guess that's sort of a dollar.

She didn't want to make them like the recipe that inspired the idea. She wanted to make them her way.

Her way is the best way.....as it turns out.

They were unbelievable. And worth all the sleepless, heart racing side effects.

She used our famous Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe which I will share with you now:

1 cup of butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups of packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 sp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
12 ozs semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (we always skip these because baker-girl does not care for them)

Heat oven to 375 F. In large bowl beat butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon. On low speed, beat in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and walnuts. Stir those in.

If you just want to make cookies then drop by rounded tsp on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7 to 9 minutes

If you want the pizzookie then fill a ramekin about 2/3 full and bake for 15 minutes-ish, give or take. You can decide how cookie dough-y you want them.

Put a big ol' scoop of your fave vanilla ice cream on top and all the sauce your heart desires.

Moan. I mean....eat.

And enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Yep I just don't GET twitter. and I don't even feel a bit bad about it! :) The cookies look tasty! I'll try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...must bookmark and try these sometime!

    I haven't the slightest clue about Twitter. Therefore I do not twit or tweet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine, I am reading your blog (enjoying it too) all because of Twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete