Wednesday, August 17, 2011

i am very busy over here. doing stuff.

Sometimes it seems as though there is nothing to do. Wiping the counter for the three hundredth time is not something to do. Neither is sweeping or dusting or unloading the dishwasher.

Going outside, where the sun is, is something to do but apparently we aren't doing that. I guess we're too busy.

Folding laundry is also something to do and can be done in front of the tv so it isn't entirely counterproductive.

Reading is something to do but when one of the kids has come and interrupted you for the three hundredth time it takes away from the awesomeness that is your book.

Knowwhatimean?

So sometimes, when there is nothing to do, I sit at the computer and wait for children to come in and need something. Like a drink. Or a band aid. Or food. Or to tie up a balloon that is filled with water.

Wait..... why do they have a balloon filled with water? You know what? Never mind, I don't care why. Just don't throw it at me.

Anyway, as I sit at the computer I think: Hmmm, I haven't checked facebook in awhile.

So I check facebook. Then I think: Oh yeah, I'm on Twitter now. I should check that out.

So I check out Twitter. And then I tweet that I am doing nothing, as usual.

Then I think: Maybe I should update my blog. But, I haven't really done anything remotely interesting in like a month so what will I write about? I sit and stare at the empty white space that is eagerly awaiting my brilliant prose.

Stare.

Staring.

Still staring.

I write something. I delete it. I think to myself: Hmmm, I haven't checked out facebook in awhile.

So I check facebook. And then I think: Oh yeah. Twitter. I forgot.

So I check out Twitter. And then I tweet that I am thinking about what to make for dinner. Which is a bold faced lie because I haven't thought about what to make for dinner since June.

Last night, I told the kids we were having lasagna for dinner. The frozen kind you buy at Costco. I told them that because they asked "what's for dinner?" and I was all "oh, we have a frozen lasagna in the freezer" in my mind so I just said it out loud. But then I sat down to read and at like 5:34 they are all "Mom, when's dinner?" and I'm like "Oh yeah, food. Right. I forgot you guys like to eat on a somewhat regular basis."

So I got off my ever growing duff and went to read the instructions for the lasagna and it said it needed to cook for 70 minutes and I was like, in my head of course: "70 minutes!! What on earth? But then it won't be ready until 7. Since they are used to eating at 5 and it is practically 6, I am thinking this is not going to work."

Crap.

At 6:30 I called to them that dinner was ready and they came running, slipping on their drool in their haste to get to the table. I swear I can hear the faint humming of the word lasagna coming from their panting, starved mouths.

"This isn't lasagna."

"Nope it's Quinoa and left over **Silly Greek Chili. You hardly ate any last night so there was tons leftover for tonight. How lucky is that, you guys?"

"But you said we were having lasagna."

"Did I?? Hmm, don't remember that........"

So......what was the point again??

I don't even know anymore. I'm just sitting here.

Staring.

I have folded 6 loads of laundry this morning AND put it all away. The dishwasher is unloaded and I'll wipe the counter later when the you-know-who's have decided they are done eating for a few minutes.

I tried to read my book but the you-know-who's won't hear of it. They are demanding things. It's rude.

Hmmmm, I haven't checked out facebook in awhile.........



**As a side note, I went to link the Silly Greek Chili for those of you who are curious and instead of trying to find it in my blog I googled it and my blog post about Silly Greek Chili was listed as number two so I am thinking my google rating is wicked.

2 comments:

  1. hahah I am doing the same ol not doing things more cause I just don't know where to START! and I feel tired and pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like you're in my head and living my life. You live near me? I could use a good coffee buddy...plus meeting would give us awesome blog fodder...or not...but we could tweet each other...I'm going to tweet you now, while I'm waiting for one of the kids to interrupt me.

    ReplyDelete