Tuesday, August 23, 2011

stuff my kid says. part one

Kids say the darndest things, do they not? Sometimes one of my kids will say something and for the life of me I will not be able to understand what that kid was thinking.

Seriously. What are you thinking?

We are on holidays right now and I am blogging from my phone. I know, I know, my skill set never ceases to amaze you. I am talented, this I know.

We were on our way to the beach a few days ago and we stopped at 7-11 so the man could get his Big Gulp. He's old school. He drinks the Big Gulps. We love him anyway. While he was in the store a shirtless man riding a bike came to a stop right outside my window, which was rolled all the way down. This man had some distinct qualities that may lead a person to conclude certain things about him.

My son Jack says, quietly, "Mom, is that a homeless person?"

To which I responded that yes, he may very well be a homeless person.

Amelia then shouts from the top of her lungs "IT'S A HOBO!!!!"

I barely had time to reach out and pinch her knee before he rode off. We all held our breath and waited for any repercussions.

None.

Oh mercy, whose kid is that??

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha tooooo funny! I asked a friend's daughter today where she does gymnastics. She replied, "Inside" and looked at me like I was some kind of complete idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her. He probably IS a hobo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes. That comes along with the territory of having children, doesn't it? I remember when I had a three-year-old that would go around inspecting all of the old ladies' wrinkly elbows at church. She loved to make comments about them and touch them with her fingers. Teaching tact to that one...it's been tricky!

    ReplyDelete