Thursday, July 29, 2010

he tries.... or does he?

This morning Amelia asked if she could have a tea party on the kitchen table. Of course you can cute child, is how I responded. As I was helping her get set up I noticed how absolutely gross the table was. While the little kids were gone for three weeks the man and I worked. If we ate at home we did it on the couch staring with dead eyes at the tv. The two teens clearly never touched the table and I never noticed how unloved it was beginning to appear.



Poor dusty table. It's missing it's family. Tonight we ate at it just like in the good ol' days.

Since the house we are renting is for sale I asked the man to keep it up to snuff while I was away JUST IN CASE there was a showing.

There hasn't been many showings, only three, so keeping it up to snuff all the time just feels like a huge waste of time. The last thing anyone wants to do is fold laundry AND put it away. Or unload the dishwasher AND load it back up at the same time. I can't be the only one who lives like that. Don't tell me if I am, I don't wanna know.

Still.... one person keeping a house tidy? How hard could that be?

My standards aren't high in terms of house keeping. I could certainly improve in many areas.... okay, all areas but when it comes to making the bed I am a perfectionist. I am VERY particular about how my bed is made and the man knows that. There are rules and they are not hard to follow. There are 9 pillows and they need to be arranged in a certain way. He has tried in the past and failed miserably at making it to my satisfaction. He claims he "just can't get it right". I call bullcrap. I told him once that I was fairly confident that since he could read blueprints and build houses ALL BY HIMSELF he should be able to tackle the making of a bed without any problems WHAT.SO.EVER.

Just before I left last week I had him make it while I watched. He passed. It was beautiful.

Last night when I went to bed after being gone for four nights this is what greeted me....



Now I don't know about you but for me this fails to a spectacular degree.

I should have taken a picture of the counter above the dishwasher, but I didn't. You can just imagine what was piled high there. The dishwasher was still full of the dishes I set to wash the morning I left.

Maybe it's just me but I don't think he's applying himself.......

No comments:

Post a Comment