Wednesday, July 28, 2010

a week's worth.....

So it's been a week since I have posted. I have learned a lot this week. I will share some of it with you.

I left Saturday for a whirlwind trip to Vernon to gather my children. Actually, I dumped the two oldest ones off and brought home the three littlest ones today. I was instructed by the man to sit on the beach and relax and have a good time. I did one of those things, and not very well. I sat on the beach for two days. I did not relax, in fact I think I did the reverse of that since on the second day I answered many phone calls and responded to many texts.

I worked on the reno..... from the beach..... 7 hours away.

I learned I can not relax while there is a reno going on.

I picked back splash, I picked grout colors. I tried to organize trades but that got really frustrating and I was constantly screwing up so I handed that annoying job over to the man. I don't think he was impressed. Whatever.

I learned that I have nothing emotionally positive left in me. I am a short tempered, oversensitive, frustrated, cranky, unfun, worn out, emotional binge eating basket case. I do believe that whatever is left in me emotionally is getting used up at such a rapid pace that it might be in everyone's best interest if I stay off grid for a bit. I'm checking out.

I somehow have to figure out how to finish Willacy without:
1. losing it
2. three children being dangerously neglected
3. the man missing any work in order for me to do mine at the reno
4. running into anybody who may ask me how the reno is going
5. gaining any more weight
6. going so far into August on the reno the homeless issue becomes a reality
7. having to talk to the painter anymore. That guy is positively OBNOXIOUS

I have a couple of ideas. We'll see how it goes.

I have learned it's a lot hotter in Vernon than it is here. Okay, I didn't learn that. I already knew that. The weather this summer in Calgary has been a direct reflection of my mood. I take full responsibility for the crummy summer we are having. I don't apologize for it though. If I have to suffer then I think everyone else should as well.

Just kidding....... no I'm not.....

I think, soon, I will take my $60 Chapters gift card and wallow in the book store for a bit. That is a sure fire way to turn my frown upside down.

I wish this house I live in wasn't brown. I hate brown. I can't wait to move into a house that will have no semblance of brown, or taupe, or beige, or mud, or clay or any depressing mopey colour in it.

The very thought of a bright colourful house just cheered me up. Now where will that house be???

No comments:

Post a Comment