Monday, February 21, 2011

the skinny part 3 and a recipe....sort of.

This is a day late. I don't care and I doubt you do either. Yesterday I was in a sleepy stupor and couldn't get off the couch. 9 am church is such a let down for me. I was so looking forward to it in January when we switched times. Having the whole rest of the day to do with what I please sounded so wonderful. But the reality is that I am tired on Sundays and about as productive as a rock. It's not good.

Anyway, last weeks mile count was pretty dang good, if I do say so. 19.71 miles. This is strange to me because every workout I did except Friday's was torture. I just wasn't into it. The whole time I was doing it I wanted to quit and/or die and then all of a sudden on Friday I was running and I was feeling it and the whole time I was like "what is going on here? This is almost fun". Okay, not fun at all but not like medieval torture either.

I watch Bones on box set while I run. I'm not sure this type of association is good or not. What will happen when I'm done all the Bones in the world? I may never be able to run again! Or what if I am running and can't get the 'hot sexy FBI special agent who fights crime and wins' out of my head? These are matters of great concern.

Bones is so funny.

Sugar? Nope. But...... I did have a couple of treats this week. I have been avoiding any sort of substitute for treats because I am trying to eliminate the desire for treats, not just switch out a sugar substitute for the real thing. The man and I went to a movie (the worst movie I may have ever seen) and I wanted a treat so I bought a sugar free chocolate bar from Purdy's. Unfortunately it was delicious. And so was the Five Guys Burgers and Fries we had before that. That place is wicked.

Too bad Purdy's sugar free chocolate doesn't taste like poo. Secretly I was hoping it would. But it didn't.

On Saturday Holden got baptized. It was awesome. When I figure out how to get the pictures from my camera onto my computer I will show you how awesome it was. Since we moved, I still have yet to find certain necessary items to accomplish such goals. Moving sucks. Stuff gets lost and then I can only take pictures on my phone if I want any pictures. Enough.

All of my siblings were here with their spouses and that hasn't happened for a very long time. It was emotional and awesome.

For dessert Holden asked for Skor dessert. Everyone and their dog makes this in one form or another and calls it something different. We call it Skor Dessert. What do you call it? Anyway, I made it sugar free so I could eat it.

Chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, whip cream, actual Skor chocolate bars (not the skor bits) beaten to smithereens by the man sprinkled on top and then all layers repeated.

I made a bowl for Cicely and I without the Skor bits. It was good. My brother Derek noticed it tasted funny and asked me what was up. I told him it was sugar free and he said lots of judgmental things about how being off sugar is a waste of time and why would I waste such a good dessert and on and on and on......

Then my other brother Vance got wind it was sugar free and said it was gross but we all know that Vance would eat anything and that he would never have noticed if Derek didn't have such sensitive taste buds. And I mean sensitive like delicate and wimpy not like sweet and understanding.

It was good. I liked it and really, isn't that all that matters since I was the one that made it? Oh yeah right, Holden liked it too but he's eight and how hard is it to please an eight year old?

We have a showing today and that means I have some work to do. Since yesterday was the Sunday I didn't get off the couch which was after the Saturday where 25 people came for a dinner that hasn't really been cleaned up yet. So.... I guess I'll go do that now.

Anyone want to buy a really cool house that isn't completely renovated yet? Or an Audi that runs but needs some work? Or some used and slightly scratched furniture that I don't feel like moving?

Yeah.... I didn't think so.

2 comments:

  1. How did you make that dessert sugar free? It sounds delicious! Are you willing to share the whole recipe?

    ReplyDelete