Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the fortune teller

A few weeks ago the man asked me what I wanted for my birthday dinner. I thought about it for days because heaven forbid I should screw it up. I would have to wait another 364 days to try again. 364 days is far too much waiting.

I decided I wanted Chinese food. It's been forever since I had that greatness. I also decided that I would take the children with us because I'm pretty sure I've never been nice enough to include them in my birthday dinner before. Naturally they were thrilled when I told them. And even more doubly naturally they were ecstatic when I told them it was going to be a buffet.

Buuuuuffffeetttt...........................

When you have two boys who think food is air, buffet's seem, naturally, the way to go.

It was fun, and yummy and as it turns out the best decision I have ever made.

You see, all of my stress and worry is gone from my life now. I went out for Chinese food. Buffet, no less. And now everything is coming up Catie. I feel no more stress or anxiety. All my fears of living in a van down by the river have vanished. The wait is over.

Buying this house, renovating it, going temporarily broke until it sells, having it take 8+ months to sell, have all led me to this place where stress is dessert and sleeplessness is my best friend. And the waiting.....oh mercy, the waiting has taught me all kinds of delicious patience and long suffering.

But it's over. You know how I know?

The fortunes told me so. 6 fortunes and my life will never be the same.

Fortune 1: Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

I always heard this but now I know it's true.

Fortune 2: Your financial situation will soon be improving.

Well, it's about bloody time.

Fortune 3: New financial resources will soon be available to you.

Two financial fortunes? Can you believe my luck? I can't wait to get the call that a long lost relative has died and left me millions. Wait a minute........ maybe all those spam emails I get about dying people wanting to give me money are not spam after all.

Fortune 4: You will soon be crossing warm waters for a fun vacation.

Honestly, I don't care how warm the waters are. I'm not picky.

Fortune 5: You will make many changes before settling satisfactorily.

Ummmm........ settling?? Satisfactorily? As long as it's with my millions I guess I'm okay with settling. Satisfactorily.

Fortune 6, the best of all. Wait for it...........

Wait for it.........

You will bring sunshine into someone's life.

Well, I'll be. Little ol' me? Being all sunshine-like? Whoever woulda thunk it?

Miracles really can happen.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when I was your worker and one time Holden was eating pizza and then he walked over to the couch and was rubbing his face on it while we were talking. And you said to him "get your face off my couch you dirty filthy child"! And I still think about that and laugh so I would say that you totally bring sunshine to my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you opened SIX fortunes.

    ReplyDelete