Thursday, October 27, 2011

how come all the good crap never happens to me?



I've been pretty quiet this past week and in the interest of saving you having to endure my whiny-ness, due to the fact that I am having a hard time seeing that silver lining I hear so much about, I thought I would just lay low for a bit.

However, today I was out and about and when I got home I checked facebook and low and behold, there were two of my regular blogs that I read asking people to vote for them to be ........ something??......and win something???

I don't know what it was for but in my wee pity party, that I was throwing all by my lonesome, I was all "How come I never get nominated for stuff?" And "I know I'm a tiny blog but I have feelings too." And "Man, this is just like high school, everyone hates me, nobody likes me and I think I'll go.......spray paint the wall outside auto shop."

What?

Enter the 'check email' portion of my commiserating and BOOM, there it was, my very own, personal, shiny nomination.

So if you would be so kind...........

VOTE FOR ME AND NOT ANY OF THOSE OTHER PUNK NOMINEES! Sorry, blogging friends whom I actually do love dearly, but I won't be voting for you. I'll be voting for me.

Is that allowed?

You can vote once a day until November 17th.

Do it....I know you want to. Every single day.

I'll be your best friend.

Actually, this is true. I will be your best friend. All those others bloggers will lie to you and tell you they love you and give you things. But it's all empty promises.

I am dead freaking serious. Okay.... no I'm not.

I promise not to stalk you which may result in want for restraining orders and other such sundry inclinations.

Here's where you click the link and make all my dreams come true: Circle of Moms Top 25 Canadian Mom Blogs

So, I thank you in advance and the cheque is on its way.

Woops, was that my outside voice?

7 comments:

  1. I just voted for you my dear!

    Ms M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go give you a vote if you give me a vote! Off I go! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! Congrats! I'm going to vote for you! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will vote for you from my ipad and my computer! I hope that earns me some extra love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh fancy! i'lllvote roo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of a post I wrote once when I said that when I'm pregnant I feel like all my friends think I'm ugly and annoying and not one single IRL friend commented to say that I'm not...I was so devastated! It's funny how some things never do progress past middle school.

    I love this post & I'll be voting for you! Your blog is one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been voting for you actually! I don't care to win (I'm not especially competitive) but I just don't want to look like a loser with no votes! But actually, it's funny you think that way because you have WAY more votes than me so clearly you are super popular! I was super popular in HS and now I don't have many votes. It's my Karma!

    ReplyDelete