Thursday, May 3, 2012

a sad farewell

There are only two more nights in this house. I still can't believe this is almost over. At the risk of going on and on and on about it I feel as though I need to say a certain farewell.

Formally.

I know I have said over and over that I can not wait to be done with this house and all the evil it holds within. And this is true. Mostly. Mostly I can not wait to get out of here.

But.....

There is one thing that I am already lamenting the loss of. Every time I look at it I feel a sadness that I have to leave it behind. This morning we had a chat. It went a little something like this.

Me: You know, you have served me well over the last 20 months.

It:

Me: You have never let me down, not once and I am so very grateful.

It:

Me: I know you don't really understand what is happening here but I'm sure you've seen me working around you, packing things up, getting things out of the house.

It:

Me: I'm sorry I haven't come by sooner to say my good-bye. I didn't want you to be angry. I was avoiding this because I was afraid things would be awkward between us. I was wrong to make you wait. It's just two more days and then I will be gone forever. Please, try to forget me. Try to move on.........

It:

Me: I feel terrible about it. If I could take you with me I would, please know that. And I will love you 'til the minute I leave this place and replace you, one day. Maybe I should have kept that last part to myself. Anyway, again, I am so sorry I have to leave you here, in this God-forsaken place.

It:

Me: You're awfully quiet. I understand. You're confused because our love was so strong. Enduring. Eternal. And now I am abandoning you. Turning my back without a second thought. It's a tough pill to swallow. I get it. I'll give you some time.

It:

Me: Well.........okay then........

It'll be a sad day when I am no longer able to just press a button and get what I love the most. May 5th is the day. The day I will have to actually start making my own ice.

Again.

****************************

Flour update: As I was packing up the rest of the kitchen I found two partially used bags of cake/pastry flour and another bag of white flour. I think there may be need of an intervention. Or maybe I shouldn't be allowed to have big cavernous cupboards that swallow whole bags of flour.

Anyone want to come bake cakes with me?

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your ice loss and happy for the flour gain :) Cake makes everything better doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will soon find out. And when you sell your house I will make you a cake. Or ten.

      Delete
  2. LMAO. OMG. YOU HAD ME THE WHOLE TIME. Damn. *now I am whispering* you are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ice doesn't come at the touch of a button, but for the last three years it has always there waiting for me inside the freezer and I don't know if I could ever go back to filling ice trays...how on earth are you going to adjust?

    ReplyDelete