Friday, November 16, 2012

happy weekend

Fridays are awesome. Especially the ones where I have school and the children DO NOT. I did not take that into consideration at all when I was contemplating this little endeavor. It seems to happen a lot.

Thankfully, they are old enough to watch each other. But securing their getting along-ness more often than not, and by that I mean every single time, involves threats of removal of favourite things or the destruction of their well being. These threats sound something like this...

Me: Do not fight and if you do I will take away the xbox for one hundred years!

Them: Yikes, that's a really long time.

Or, me: Do not fight or I will make you sit on the same couch and hold hands for one hundred years. 

Them: Ewwwwwwww.

Or, me: Do not fight or you will lose all good things that you had, have and ever will have for all of eternity and then some.

They rarely fight when I am gone. Being the little dears they are they save it for me when I am home and on the toilet. Or in the shower.

Little loves of my life.

So....I'm up to my eyeballs in homework. Essays and exams and class presentations. What, pray tell, is the point of the class presentation? Other than to add a foolish amount of unnecessary stress to the life of an already stressed out student.

There are moments when I am most certain I will fail all my classes, that I don't stand a chance. So I work work work until I am 87% blind from the work and then I take that last 13% and I stay up extra late reading books that have nothing to do with university. This allows me to wake up the next morning bright eyed and ready to fret the day away.

I am a master at my art.

You know who was a funny cat? Socrates. He was a funny funny guy and I would very much like to have him over for dinner. I would serve cheesecake and not hemlock. I am positive that through my powers of persuasion I could teach him that drinking Diet Pepsi by the goblet-ful is a wise and productive endeavour. Maybe he could help me persuade the man to come to the dark side.

That is....the dark side of academia.

Happy weekend.


3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it Catherine. Just hearing you talk about all the things you need to do for school makes me tired! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have Socrates over for dinner too.

    Good luck with the homework & presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to have homework flashback dreams tonight. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete