Tuesday, November 27, 2012

i'm not dying, or anything...

I should be doing homework and studying since finals are only a breath away. But having been out of the house for 11 consecutive hours today I have decided that I would rather sit on my duff, have Modern Family from however many weeks ago playing in the background and blog.

And yes, I did not vlog yesterday. And this is why: I have a cold. It's not terrible. I'm not dying or anything. Not that it matters, no one is here to take care of me.

Or bury me.

Anyway, I went to school and felt terrible. I came home and promptly fell asleep. I slept hard and woke with a level of bedhead akin to 14 hours of hardcore sleep.

I opted out. Youknowwhatimean?

So today I am better. I can breath through both nostrils and I'm only a 5 (out of 10) on the stuffed up scale. Whatever, I'll live.

It has come to my attention that I have no concept of the calendar when it comes to school exams and the such. For example, the first paper I had to do for my communications class was due a whole week sooner than my brain thought it was due. That sucker came up out of nowhere and scared the crap out of me.

And then there was a test in Italian I thought was on a Thursday. It was on a Thursday. The Thursday before I thought it was on.

I, then, made sure I was on top of things because I was tired of being sneaked up on like that. I have a delicate constitution, you know. And that was not a poop reference, Heather.

(Apparently snuck is not a word. Who knew?)

I was all over the date of my second paper but I still didn't write it until the weekend before it was due so then I wondered what the point is of making sure nothing sneaks up on me?

My Italian final is on December 3rd. Which in my head is two weeks away but the calendar says it's less than a week away. And although I know the calendar to be right I can not seem to wrap my head around how I keep getting it so wrong.

You may be wondering what it is I'm trying to get at and let me tell you that I wondering the same thing. I am also wondering if it might be true that I can't blog with the the tv on. It's distracting.

Here's a tip for you. If you are a woman and you are anticipating having menopause at some point in your life then you should go on a diet now and lose a thousand pounds because, I kid you not, once you have menopause you will eat and eat and eat.

You will eat all the food.

There will be no end to all the eating.

I say have menopause because that's what it feels like. I don't mean in menopause, like in a hot tub or in the money. I mean have menopause. Like I have the plague, or the flu.

Or goitre.

It's time to end this and apparently I have other things I should be doing. Like folding laundry, or so the 9 year old has ever so kindly asked of me.




Little punk, fold your own laundry. Can't you see I'm up to my eyeballs in food over here because I'm neck deep in the menopause?

Geez. Give me a break.

2 comments:

  1. Even though it's been fourteen years since I went to college, I still have nightmares every once in awhile & they are always about college exams sneaking up on me.

    ReplyDelete