Wednesday, November 28, 2012

the formula for life...and stuff

There is a formula for everything in life. As mothers, and women, I believe we are pros at figuring out real quick-like what needs to be done and how it's going to be accomplished.

When tackling homework I have a formula for getting it done as quickly and efficiently as possible. Basically, what it comes down to is deciding what can be done with the loudness of children around and what needs to be done in solitary confinement.

So, you lay it all out and stare at it. And then you put it in order of what is due first or of the utmost importance. I can do this part in my head now since I'm not as stupid as I used to be.

Ahem.

And then, once it's decided what is due tomorrow, or the next day, you decide what can be interrupted 326 times and what can't.

If it can't be interrupted then you sit and do it as fast as you can before the kids get home from school. If it can be interrupted, begrudgingly, then you save it for the after dinner crowd.

And believe me, there's a crowd.

And that, my friends, is the formula for successful homework doing.

*takes a bow*

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome. No really. I can not imagine being back in school. I would probably run away from home if I had to do homework in a crowd. Did I mention you rock? Yeah...that.

    ReplyDelete