Wednesday, June 5, 2013

man-sized hobbies

There is always this insane sound coming from my garage. Like right now, for instance. And when there isn't it's because the man isn't in there.

His garage is his oasis. His man cave. His happy place.

What is he doing in the garage? And why is it making so much blasted noise? Hobbies, I say. Hobbies.

I have hobbies. Right now, at this point in my life I don't have many hobbies. I like to read. This is the only hobby I can think of right now....

I study, a lot. But is that fun? Are hobbies fun? I think they are supposed to be fun. Anyway, reading. I love to read. It's quiet. And cheap.

And quiet.

The man? The man has man-sized hobbies. Loud, gigantic, man-sized hobbies. I need an acreage, with a shop about 10 acres away so I don't have to listen to him making all that noise.

He bought a welder. Because well, welding is fun, don't you know?

"I would like to weld. Stuff. Anything. Anything that can be welded, I would like to weld it,"says he.

"Oh goody," says I

So he grinds stuff and then welds stuff and it is loud and he loves it and sometimes I have to tell him to cork it and he does because he's good like that.

Mercy, he's loud. Like right now, which is what inspired this ridiculously inspiring post.

Today I was in Cochrane and thought I'd surprise him at work. I didn't take treats or pop or donuts because I am a bad wife. But lucky me, when I got there he had just started craning wood-like things up in the air and then precariously perching himself upon walls and ladders and such to catch said wood-like things which were flying willy nilly every which way. And then he would gently place them down at his convenience.

Is this even making sense?



He's a framer. Is it making more sense now?

He made me wait until he was done defying death and then he came over to say hi and there is no reason for me to be telling you this except I feel as though I should be telling you something and what I really want to say might have something to do with the midterm I have on Saturday that is stressing me out to no end. So why didn't I just tell you about that?

Good question.

The man is done making noise. You know how I know? Because he is staring at me like this....

 All dirty and smiley and stuff.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 05, 2013

    Hahaha. That picture of Darcy is hilarious.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, he's got a cute face when he makes it do that :)

    ReplyDelete