Thursday, June 6, 2013

going crazy dot com




So...I got a new job. It's full time and it's hard and exhausting and I don't think I care for it all that much. I start as soon as Amelia is gone for the day and I stop when she's home, until she's gone to bed and then I start again. I think my new job is the cause of my cranky this week and I'm starting to wonder if it's not responsible for this belly ache I'm sporting.

It has a fancy title. It's called "study for this Psyc midterm that I am not near smart enough to pass".

It's hard to fit that all on a business card. Maybe I'll just stick with Insane in the Membrane. 

Catherine Dabels
Insane in the Membrane
403-IAm-Crazy
Catie@whatamithinking.com

This exam is killing me. Literally. And it's only worth 40%....so there's that.

One thing I have learned for certain over the past 10 months, as I've started out on this journey to higher education, is that my ability to retain information has taken a serious hit since birthing a variety of children. 

It's hard enough trying to remember why I walked into the kitchen, never mind 350 pages of the largest text book I have ever owned. 

Sometimes my faith in my own abilities takes a wee blow. Like this week. I'm not sure if I can do this. It's hard. And I'm brain dead. 

But carry on, that's what I do. Trudge forward. One step at a time. Or in this case, one chapter at a time. 

Wish me luck. I really need it. Really, I do. 

2 comments:

  1. "...my ability to retain information has taken a serious hit since birthing a variety of children."

    Amen. I can't even think of common words anymore. Here's me: "Honey, we need to get some of that stuff. You know, that stuff that is meat that they dry so you can eat it?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I don't even have time to read the textbooks so you're doing great! Low expectations are what keep me sane. Pass. Just pass. But I still go insane with that too. School is hard with kids. REALLY hard!

    ReplyDelete