Saturday, August 21, 2010

catie's randomness pt.2

I took the kids back to school shoe shopping a few days ago. Amelia insisted she needed these shoes.



She was absolutely right. So practical.

Holden bought the first things he loved, he's so easy to please and Jack refused to get any shoes because I refused to spend $90 on DC shoes.

Fine, wear barefeet to school. See if I care.

Fine, I will.
***************************************

Yesterday I took the kids to Calaway Park. We didn't get passes this year because I was so distracted I forgot so I had to bum 6 coupons off Facebook. We haven't done many fun things this summer, mom sucks. The kids had a fantastic time. I let the three boys go off by themselves and that left me to cater to Amelia's every whim. Cicely stuck with me which meant that when Amelia needed an 'adult' for a ride Cicely took the bullet.

I did not go on a single ride all day. Heaven.

This day was remarkable because it is the first time in 12 years I have to been to Calaway WITHOUT a stroller. Which meant I had to wear a backpack. But it also meant that Amelia doesn't need a stroller anymore. Sniff. She walked four hours and never complained once.









It might be hard to tell but if you look real close you might be able to see a smile on Amelia's face. Seriously though, she loved it so much on this ride. You could hear her laughing everywhere in the park.



SMILE. Nice.

All 5 kids went on the log ride. They made a splash. Amelia didn't like it because she got wet. Hmmmm........








It was hard not to stare at Amelia. I love her so much. She had such a great day. It was a treat.

Speaking of treats. The candy store jacked up their prices. That was the last time I ever go in there. I gave the kids a two dollar max and Holden was mad that everything he wanted cost $4 or more. He decided to give me attitude and I decided he didn't need a treat. Every party has a pooper, right?
********************************

I ran into Heather, my acupuncturist, while I was there. I smiled at her. I smiled BECAUSE of her. Today is my two week anniversary with Bell's Palsy. Four treatments in two weeks and I am 90% healed. I attribute it all to her.

This started a faux texting fight with the man. On Thursday, after my treatment, I sent him a text.

me: I want to be an acupuncturist

him: no

me: Yes. Just watch me.

him: No.

me: YES!!!!!!!! JUST WATCH ME!!!!!!!!!!

him: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This went on for about 15 minutes. I thought he was mad, then I got mad because he kept saying no. Then he turned into a chauvinist pig and I stopped talking to him. Turns out he was just kidding. He does that.

I want to be an acupuncturist. And a librarian. And a social worker (I should already be a social worker but I got lazy and dropped out of university. I blame it on the man). And a doctor. But mostly right now I really want to be an acupuncturist.

The logistics of this should be no problem........

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures made my day!! Your little Amelia has the same needs as my big Madison (all she has talked about this summer is gold sparkle flats for school).

    And...your little sweetheart reminds me so much of a girl I went to school with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, it sounds like Amelia's logic follows Lucy's pretty closely. We saw the same shoes in Payless, and she said, "Mom, I HAVE to have these shoes. I already have silver sparkly shoes and black sparkly shoes...I NEED gold ones." Makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That smile of Amelia's is enough to steal a heart (or 10!).

    ReplyDelete