Thursday, August 12, 2010

frozen faces and announcements

I don't have much to say. I am sick, sick, sick. My face is half frozen which is a nuisance but I'll deal. It's what I do. I went to see a neurosurgeon on Monday and she wanted me to take anti-virals for a week. In her experience, so she said, she found that people with Bell's Palsy make a fuller, quicker recovery with the prednisone AND the anti-virals. Okay, then, just give them to me and I will take them. I'm all over having the best chance in life. For $5 a pill taken three times a day I think that's a screaming deal!

They may make you sick, she said.

I am sick, sick, sick. I can't eat. I can't go more than 5 feet from a toilet and I have the shakes. I am on Gravol to counteract the insomnia from the steroid and the nausea from the anti-viral. I feel lethargic and sleepy.

Because I am half hippy at heart I went to see my angel, Heather, on Tuesday. She's my acupuncturist. She put me on a herbal tonic that makes me gag over the sink as I try to get it down. I have to drink it through a straw because my mouth doesn't work and it takes longer to drink through a straw than it would to just gulp it down. Man, it's nasty stuff.

She has three Bell's Palsy patients right now and one of them is a 17 year old boy. She is such a hippie chick. She thinks the wind has caused this 'strike' to fall upon my face. I love her and I told her that if the wind caused it then I better get the heck outta Dodge because I live in the windiest place on earth. She just rubbed my dead face and said all will be well. I believe her.

That night I went to a movie with the man. It was a bad idea. Not only was it a bad movie but I had to keep my right eye clamped shut during the whole thing. There is something about movie theatre air and my eyeball that did not agree. I couldn't eat my free popcorn. Another first.

Yesterday I took the kids to the zoo. We waited until after my stomach settled and then headed out. It was sketchy and shortly after we arrived we left so I could be near my potty once again. I am not leaving the house again until I am done these pills. Four more days.

Four more days and then I can leave the toilet and begin the packing. You heard me, packing. By the end of the month we will be moving.

We are moving into Willacy.

And me, with a frozen face........

1 comment:

  1. Gawd Catherine - this sucks for you!!
    As an aside, why are you moving into Willacy?

    ReplyDelete