Friday, August 20, 2010

PGBD and PGBD

I have a condition. It's called PGBD. Post Good Book Depression. It's what happens to me after I read a book I really love. It happens a lot. For a few days I feel deflated and sad it's over. I miss the book. I contemplate reading it again (only once have I ever turned back to page one and started again) and then I come to my senses and pick up another one.

I have not read a single book all summer. In fact, I can't remember the last book I read. It would have been in May or early June that I read it.

No time. No energy.

I have a new condition. It's called PGBD. First appearances would lead you to believe it is the same as the other condition, but it's not. I have now entered into the PRE Good Book Depression. The only cure is to pick up a book and read it. I believe that today, since my eyesight is back to normal, I will do that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I totally get what you mean! I always get so sad when I'm done a good book.

    what are you reading now?

    ReplyDelete