Monday, January 24, 2011

holden

This is Holden.



Yesterday Holden turned eight. You know what that means? Yep, he's going to get baptized. He will officially be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. A Mormon.

He's excited. And he gets to buy a suit. We have been explaining to him what it means to be baptized and I think he actually, sort of, kind of gets it. More so than the two that preceded him. He's such a good boy and he tries so hard to please us.

He's very sensitive and sometimes we think he's more like a 40 year old trapped in this little kid body. Poor kid, just wants to grow up and be done with this childhood thing. He loves to play with his "guys" which basically is any figurine from Star Wars. He does Martial arts and he's crazy strong. He goes to school because he knows he should but would rather be hanging out at home with his brother who happens to be the one who tortures him the most and is the cause for 98% of any unhappiness he may be experiencing.

He was 9lbs 5 ozs at birth and because he refused to get into position we booked a c-section to get him out. The day before the c-section I had an ultrasound and there he was head up, feet down. The night before the c-section he turned while I was sleeping. I thought I was dying, or he was dying, or something. We found out during the delivery that he was head down and well into position. This pretty much sums Holden up. He'll do it when he's ready but still within his allotted timeline.

Holden got scriptures for his birthday. He was pleased.





He picked burgers for dinner. Naturally. We had aunties and uncles and cousins over for dinner. It was loud.



Look how cute Aaron is in his Bumbo with his fat little baby feet. Yum.

Oh, and note to self: left over Black Forest Cake is not a healthy breakfast choice. Or lunch for that matter.

Speaking of scriptures (or not). Sometimes people ask me why I love to go to church. There are lots of reasons why I love to go to church but I will admit that sometimes it's just for the view.




Look at this stone cold fox. Polishing his shoes for church. What a babe. Tomorrow it's his birthday, but.......

.......... in the meantime,

happy birthday holden. we love you!!

4 comments:

  1. He is so handsome! Does he always look so serious?

    Black forest cake might not be a healthy meal choice but it IS a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Black Forest Cake!!

    Happy Birthday Holden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that he's 8 already (and so tall). I remember him when he was 4!
    I don't know if I ever told you this but I always thought Holden was one of the cutest/coolest kids I knew. I'm glad he had such a great birthday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smiled about what you said about "the view."

    ReplyDelete