Wednesday, December 21, 2011

my brain on christmas


Santa uses empty chicken boxes to wrap gifts in, right? Elves eat lots of chicken, it's how they keep their energy up. I swear I read that somewhere.

I am up to my eyeballs in it, people.

My eyeballs. Up to them. With Christmas.

Where is the time going?

I spent $700 at Superstore today and if I hadn't done yoga the last two days in a row I would have committed myself.

That is a surety.

Here's a question. Unsure is a word. And surety is a word. So how come unsurety is not a word?

I can't decide if I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day or I Saw Three Ships is my favourite Christmas carol. What's yours?

Have you ever seen the movie Elf? Does this post remind you of the part where Buddy meets Michael at his school? Yeah, me too.

I love that movie.

7 comments:

  1. $700!! Holy smokes!! I might have fainted. That surely must be more than 1 cart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Elf is totally the BEST Christmas movie! My favorite Christmas song is 2000 miles by the Pretenders! And 700 - for real! I can't even imagine how many carts you needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-- I don't think I've ever even spent $700 at Costco!

    I like O Holy Night- it's so pretty.

    I recently bought ELF for $4.99 at Future Shop. I had never seen it-- can't handle the Ron Burgundy guy ;)-- but it was actually funny!

    Have a super Xmas lady-- see you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One cart. It was one cart. Full of very expensive things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first glance, $700 seems like a lot, but then if you buy the right things... $700 could be spent on one or two things!
    Favorite song.... Oh Holy Night and Carol of the Bells.
    And Elf is my favorite Christmas movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, what the hell are you talking about?! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Christmas! Sorry to hear that you're up to your eyeballs but it'll all be torn paper on the floor soon and you can put your feet up!! My favourite Christmas song of all time is "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues and Kirsty McColl for the record.

    ReplyDelete