Wednesday, December 28, 2011

stop the madness

Jack, who is 12: My tongue tastes funny.

Me: It's probably scurvy. You should eat a piece of fruit.

Jack: How about an orange pop. Can I have that?

Me: Sure, why not?

If I hadn't almost barfed at hot yoga this morning that conversation may have had different undertones. Or overtones.

I feel less than invigorated and it's because the food at Christmas is so very tasty. The madness needs to stop.

Stop the madness, I say.

Time for a green smoothie and a vitamin. For everyone. And maybe a nap.

Yes, a nap. That sounds delightful. But apparently I made some inane promise to take the children to the mall.

As if I haven't hated on myself enough today. Remember? I went to the hot yoga.

It was almost catastrophic.

No comments:

Post a Comment