Sunday, June 17, 2012

17 years

This weekend was our annual stay-cation. The man and I spent this weekend together, just the two of us. No kids. No dog.

It also happens to be our anniversary.

We had a few firsts as a couple.

Our first deep fried pickle.



Our first shooting.





My first gun shot wound.



Okay, that was over dramatic. I didn't get shot. The gun bit me when I was loading it. Gun shot sounds tougher though, so.......


My first bull's eye.



I blinked and all of a sudden......17 years.





I am very certain it is, in fact, 17 years because the man has insisted all week that is isn't. We have done the math numerous times.

Even on a calculator.

June 17, 1995.

That's 17, right?

9 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwww.... nothing says love like pickles and guns.

    Sounds a little filthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been totally wanting to shoot a gun! FUN!

    And I've also pondered ordering up deep fried pickles lately too....

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! What a fun date - to go shooting. Might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! 17 is incredible. You're so young to be celebrating that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Glad you did the math, as my anniversary is next week, and I was wondering how many years it was. We were married in 1994, so I guess it's 18 years. Amazing how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you had a great weekend. Grady is now asking for a third dog even thought he spent the weekend saying "Liz no..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!

      The word 'NO' has lost all meaning for me.......

      Delete
  7. Pffft....17 years, you are babies. The Big Tuna and I just hit the big 30. Of course I was 7 when we got married. That's why I look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that in the olden days people got married a lot younger than they do now.

      Delete