Tuesday, June 19, 2012

facebook is fun

There are many reasons I love Facebook. And there are many reasons why sometimes I need to just turn the other cheek. As of late, facebook has become a sanctuary of inspirational quotes. A place where people can go to either feel very very good or perhaps a little cheesed off.

Get it? The cheesy quotes cheese you off?

No?

All right then. It is just me.

Mostly I just skip them. Unless they have a funny picture. Then I read and I laugh and I laugh and I laugh.

For example.................






Yes, I realize that these are not inspirational by most people's standards but they make me cry from laughing, and from where I sit, if you can do that, then you are, indeed, truly inspirational.

They are hilarious.

I also like the super, over-dramatic pictures that pretty much say what I've been thinking for a very long time. Like these........






Come on now. You're thinking this right now. Aren't you?

This is all fine and good. A new form of entertainment via the internets. I say go for it. Be all inspirational and funny and whatnot. I'll just move on if I'm not interested.

Or hide you.

But then there is the emotional manipulation. The attempts at reverse psychology that almost catch me. But not quite because I am a super stealthy emotional manipulation woman tracker and I am totally on to you.

I see your wicked trickery.

I'm talking about the statistics that pull at your heart strings. The causes that make you wonder if you actually are doing enough in this world to make it a better place. People put them in their status' in the hopes that if enough people do the same then cancer, or something as equally horrific, will admit defeat and slink away into the night.

You know what I'm talking about, don't you?

The ones that all end with.............."I bet you won't" or "Only 3% of you will repost this" or "if you cared about anything at all in this world, besides yourself, then you'll make this your status for one hour." Or something equally as profound.

Here is where I will mention that as soon as you bet me I won't do it you have pretty much automatically just won yourself a bet.

I'll fold on that bet and then I'll bet you that you're right. I probably won't post that status for one hour. But only because you bet me I wouldn't.

Wait.....I am so confused now. Who's betting who? What are we betting?

Did you just tell me to do something by backhandedly telling me I probably wouldn't do it? I think you did. And now I can tell you that you're right.

And I'm sorry to let you down over and over again. I am a bad Facebook friend and most likely a total failure in the inspirational department.

But sadly, I'm okay with that.

But thank-you, for the oh-so-subtle mind games. Facebook games are fun.

Or, are they?

But hey, this is funny. No?



How about this one?



Okay, I'll stop now. But only after you admit you just laughed a little.

You laughed, I know you did.......

4 comments:

  1. The last one rocks! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...too funny. These days FB is annoying me b/c so many people post the latest dumb rumor without checking snopes.com first. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally laughed!

    ReplyDelete