Tuesday, June 12, 2012

we're rich!

This morning it came to my attention that Holden, who is 9, was under the impression that when we told him what our last house sold for that it meant we now had that much money in the bank. This is how it came to my attention:

Him: Mom, why don't we ever have all the food I want in the fridge?

Me: Huh? I dont understand the question.

(I often do not understand his questions.)

Him: Well I thought we had $X00,000 dollars so I thought our fridge would be full. All the time.

Me: Why would you think we had $X00,000 sitting in our bank account?

Him: Isn't that what we sold the house for?

Oh mercy, I had some explaining to do. Poor kid. Thought we were X-millionaires.

After I explained to him the sad truth about mortgages and selling houses I opened up my email and found this:

From: Mary Kivisto
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:02 AM
To: info@domain.com
Subject: Hello,

Hello,
I just want to let you know that I have
deposited your ATM MASTER CARD of USD
$800,000,00 United state dollars to the
Fedex office contact Mr.Gerrald Oliver
with the below email,for the Shipment of
your funds,Shipment Code: CPEL/OWN/9876
Parcel Number: EG2272-NIG.
(fedexcourierservice13@live.com)Tel: +234-807-0555851,
Send them your delivery address to this email: fedexcourierservice13@live.com
Mr.John Walter

The timing was most fortuitous. So I told Holden to scratch everything I just said. That we were, in fact, richer than he originally thought we were.

All I have to do is return this email and find my way to a Mr. Oliver.

Well, I'm off..............

1 comment: