Monday, September 10, 2012

chicken nuggets and bruce springsteen

Mi chiamo Catherine. Ciao.

Today I had my first day of university in 18 years.

How crazy is that??

It was no big deal, really. I'm learning Italian so it's only the biggest deal ever.

Last week I was a ball of nerves about the whole darn thing. Every time I thought about it I got the trots.

There was a lot of trotting last week.

To help alleviate some of the trotting nervousness I physically went to the University and found my classes. And then I pulled out my handy iPhone and timed myself getting from one class to the next. The fact that the only two classes I have are separated by a measly 10 minutes left me and my big tushy reeling.

It takes four minutes and 52 seconds to walk from one class to the next.

My big tushy can handle that. There is, however, some sweat involved which, last I heard, was good for big tushies becoming smaller tushies.

I knuckled up, like Rocky, and after class I hit the bookstore to get my text books.

It was Xanax worthy.

And as I was standing in line waiting to pay $275 for two classes worth of text books I had the thought that it is a good thing I do not have a prescription for Xanax or, I think it's safe to say, I'd be a zombie by the end of this ordeal.

I listened to We Take Care of Our Own by the Boss all the way there. By the time I got there I was so pumped up I could have cleaned Rocky's clock.

And then I made chicken nuggets and french fries for dinner.

It's going to be a crazy busy year. Crazy. And busy. And it might just be awesome.





10 comments:

  1. It's going to be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to live this through you ...you must blog every single detail

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hysterical and I am so excited to read all your updates about school. I am going to live vicariously through your experiences, trotting nervousness and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful. I love that you timed yourself. Just curious are you using a back pack and if so what colour?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to see what you'll find to blog about. Those 'University' kid fashions are quite the scream!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you buy a hoodie and some scrub pants? Or do they dress more fashionably on campus these days?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your schooling -- you are braver than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so late reading this (I never catch up often enough in my feed reader!) but I want to say that I hope your classes are going amazing and what an awesome thing to be doing. I think I'd be so nervous to go to university now (well, technically I am going, but Athabasca University lets me not actually face anyone in person!) Can't wait to hear more about the journey :)

    ReplyDelete