Tuesday, September 25, 2012

what the acca?

Acca is H in Italian. In case the title was confusing unto you.

This is gonna be quick since I have an Italian test tomorrow and another an exam on Thursday and I AM FREAKING OUT about the entire thing.

This is the problem. I feel old and rusty. My brain has been sitting around, shrinking and growing, dying and regenerating and just plain old being dysfunctional for the past 15 years. And now, all of a sudden, I'm asking it to retain stuff.

Like a whole other language.

It's hard, I'm forgetful and out of intellectual shape. My brain is sore.

So, I've sort of been ignoring the bloggy blog and I think it's because I have so much to say and I don't know where to start. And then there's the whole school thing and the 4 kids thing and the house thing and that bloody awful thing we call the laundry.

The laundry is a sneaky branch of the Satan tree that sneaks up on you and demands to be washed and then mocks you mercilessly as you fold it all for 90 minutes late on a Sunday night because not only do the kids need clean clothes for school but so do I!

You are an evil awful thing, laundry, and I will never defeat you. Can I call Uncle?

I am skipping my institute class right now to babysit this little dude while his madre works up at the temple.

Did you catch that? I threw some Italian in there for you. I hope you're impressed. I know I am.

The temple open house starts today and the bad news is that the temple isn't done. (So much bold and italics, I'm feeling extra dramatic today.) Anyway, I don't care that it isn't done. It will get done and I am excited to see it tonight. We get to sneak in with all the neighbours on this special neighbour sneak peak day.

Anyway, off I go to memorize io's and tu's and lui/lei's and why the heck do Italians need so many rules to speak?

Cielo abbi pieta.

How do you do the little accents on this laptop? Anyone??

4 comments:

  1. I like the dramatic flair. And laundry is the single greatest threat to the amazing blog. Defeat thy enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't the temple beautiful! I didn't care that it wasn't done either. My boys were enthralled and can't wait to go again. Good luck with your Italian test tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only way I know how to do any accents is if they have an ALT code for one. Like here:

    http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codealt.html

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete