Thursday, September 6, 2012

everywhere a cluck cluck

Recently the man discovered the wonder and amazement that is the iPhone. He loves it as much as I do. In fact, I think it might be safe to say, he loves it more than he loves me.

Or he did, at first. Until he realized, after watching a youtube video about welding really loud in bed one night and it made me so mad I left the room and watched tv until 1 am, that I make a better bed partner in the long run than his silly iPhone.

Anyway, I introduced him to Words With Friends. Which I really like but am not awesome at, despite the fact that I consider myself to be wordsmith of sorts.

Okay, no I don't.

Okay, yes I do.

I was highly addicted to Draw Something once for 42 hours but after I'd drawn a campfire for the 70th bazillion time and the guesser guessed it before I even started I knew the game was stupid and I abandoned 19 games.

If you were one of them then I am deeply apologetic.

Okay, no I'm not.

Words With Friends, however is the one game I have stuck with through thick and thin. And now, the man likes it too. We always have two games going at the same time. Once, when he was getting so whooped by my wordsmithy ways, he resigned. I countered that attack by resigning a game after he scored like 9000 points with one word. He was flabbergasted and I was all "Oh, you don't like how that feels?? Well buster, in this house we don't resign, no matter how bad we're losing. Capiche?"

He saw the error of his ways and instead of resigning he's just stepped up his game. But now he's hard to beat.

Seriously though, how am I supposed to get ahead when I'm dealing with this?



It's like a super lame version of Old MacDonald Had a Farm. And I've been dealing with it for the last four moves.

He thinks he's such hot stuff with that score. But I can't compete when all I see is a cluck cluck here and a cluck cluck there. Here a cluck there a cluck. Everywhere a....

5 comments:

  1. Oooo that looks fun. I play Scrabble on facebook. Love it! Do I have to have a cell phone to play WwF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and I play that game which she always wins! I usually end up with a ton of vowels too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flow Free is an interesting and free game for iPhone or IPad. It's one you play by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear lord, I wish you hadn't just introduced me to a new game for my ipad. Like you, I did the 42 hour-can't-stop-Draw-Something-must-play-with-strangers-to-get-my-fix, but then it was over. But words ... ah, words I LOVE. We'll see how this goes!
    BTW, new follower and fellow Calgary blogger! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Show off. Both of you. I can't even figure out how to make my phone vibrate.

    ReplyDelete