Thursday, September 27, 2012

the healing powers of honey boo boo

Is there a condition where one is incapable of learning a new language? Cuz...I think I have it. I'm pretty sure I failed my Italian exam yesterday and it put me in a mood for the rest of the day.

And not a good mood.

I was pretty bummed about how baffling the entire experience was. But I don't want to talk about it.

Have you ever had a moment when you totally doubted your own abilities? It's not even a 'can I do this?' It's a full blown 'I can not do this.'

Yesterday I doubted that I can do it. And yes, I said I didn't want to talk about it but I totally lied.

Last night I asked the man if he thought it was possible to be incapable of learning a new language. I was looking for an answer that involved more of the "not for you, love. You can do anything you set your mind to." And not the answer I got which was "Yep, totally."

I may have watched all the faith I had in myself drain out of me and onto the floor.

So then I moped. And fretted. And wondered how likely it is that I will not be able to pass this class.

Woe is me.

But then we watched some Honey Boo Boo to drown the sorrows because, seriously, watching that show makes me think anything is possible.

And then there was the epiphany.

If a show like Honey Boo Boo can be made then I can learn Italian.

This is just simple logic.











7 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! My hubs was curious about that show and now he turns it on all the time. So your right, if that little girl can be a pageant princess and have her own show, you can learn Italian!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that if you understand what's being said on Honey Boo Boo, you already speak another language ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we should just invent our own language like Uncle "Poodle". I feel like being "rebelchious"! You can do anything you put your mind to - I have no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the subtitles on that show. Genius. And that they are keeping the thumb. They are good people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really must check out this Honey Boo Boo phenomenon. Maybe it will inspire me to great things as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is all kinds of confusing....Honey Boo Boo? Really? I'm lost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read "So then I moped" I thought it said, "So then I mopped." So funny!

    About ten years ago, I tried with every brain muscle I possess to learn Finnish. I couldn't even figure out how to use the basic case endings or how to know when to use the partitive case or the accusative case. I CRIED in front of my husband's Finnish uncle one day because I tried so hard and could not get the concept.

    And yes, ten years ago I was actually a full grown woman, CRYING out of sheer frustration!

    ReplyDelete