Tuesday, March 8, 2011

freud on salsa

I'm not much of a believer that dreams have meanings but every now and then I have a dream that makes me go "hmmmmm". I guess recurring dreams might mean something but I would need a really smart person who knows lots about stuff to tell me they mean something. Like Dr. Sweets on Bones, he's pretty smart, he might know stuff.

When I was a kid I had two recurring dreams. In one, storm troopers would chase me from my house to my church where they had killed everyone and left them lying in all the rooms. By the time I had checked every room they would grab me and one would hoist me onto his shoulders and march me down the hill.

Nightmare? I'm not so sure. They didn't kill me so I guess that's a good thing. To this day storm troopers give me the heebs.

The second one was a lion would get into the house while we were all sleeping and I would scream in my bed but no one could come get me because the lion would kill them. Once I think it was a bear. That particular dream always elicited a real life scream that would bring my dad to me.

I still like the lions and the bears at the zoo though. Meaning? I haven't a clue.

Recently I had a dream that has evoked a variety of feelings and confusions. If dreams did have meanings then I would be curious to know the meaning of this one.

I woke and looked at the clock. It said 9:15. Church started at 9:00. I was late and all the kids were sleeping. We weren't going to church. The disappointment was extraordinary. I had such big plans. As I moped down the hall to the kitchen to dispose of my big plans I had this feeling of finality, like my plans were a one shot deal. It was almost tragic. I do believe I wanted to cry.

Maybe it wasn't too late. I could get the kids up and we could hurry and I would still be able to do what I had planned to do. But when I woke the kids they all had the worst bed head you could possibly imagine. Like nests of hair and twigs and other unsightly things. It would take forever to bathe them all and make them presentable. Forget it. I'll throw my plans out and we'll be done with them.

So I walked to the counter and threw out the two ziploc bags full of salsa I had planned on stuffing my bra with for church.

Like I said. I really don't believe that dreams have meanings but I did wake from this dream wishing Freud was still alive and was my friend on Facebook. I would certainly inquire about the meaning of this one.

2 comments:

  1. Good God, no one could make sense of that. Well, the first part probably means you are feeling like your life is out of control, or more specifically, that you are having trouble controlling your life (when I feel like that I have dreams where I'm driving but the steering wheel and pedals won't work properly and I crash into things all the time).

    The salsa? Maybe you feel like you need implants in order to spice up your marriage. Haha, oh man, okay, clearly that was a joke, but pretty creative right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what your dream means but man oh man, it sure entertained me!

    ReplyDelete