Wednesday, March 9, 2011

lullaby kiss?

Set the scene. Amelia is at the kitchen table playing with her Princess tea set. I am at the computer 4 feet away saying "mmm hmm" fifty times per minute while she jabbers away with phrases that all end in "right mommy?"

Like this: "princesses love cookies, right mommy?" and "when I grow up I will be a real princess and drink real tea and eat real cookies, right mommy?"

"Right mommy?" inspires "mmm hmmm's". It's the natural order of things.

Then, out of the blue, she starts this conversation.

Amelia: "I want to call Buddy."

Me: "Who's Buddy?"

Amelia: "Buddy from Cake Boss. I want to order a cake. A vanilla cake. Actually..... a chocolate cake. With roses on it. I want it to be a lullaby kiss cake. For you mommy."

Me: "Awww, that's sweet Amelia. I would love a lullaby kiss cake from you. It sounds yummy."

Amelia: "Mommy?"

Me: "What Amelia"

Amelia: "What's a lullaby kiss?"

Seriously, this level of cuteness borders on intolerable. How am I supposed to be a productive citizen and get anything accomplished when I have to deal with this all day long?

I don't know, maybe it would look like this?



I would actually prefer this one:

but, obviously, I didn't tell her that.

And.... since when does the 5 year old watch Cake Boss?

1 comment: