Thursday, May 6, 2010

chandler

My nephew lives with me. He's 16. He asks the most random questions ALL. DAY. LONG. We'll be watching tv and he'll ask me how much money a certain actor makes a year. Or he'll spew forth some deep philosophical pondering that would take me a year to digest. He's a sharp, quick witted, funny kid that keeps me on my toes.

On our way up the stairs where I am about to fall exhausted into bed he begins this conversation with me:

him: If I step on a nail tomorrow at work and it goes into my foot I am not working anymore.

me: Yes you are. And when you get home I will take you to the ER to get a tetanus shot.

him: What I refuse the shot?

me: You won't

him: What if I do?

me: Then you can get tetanus and die, if that's what you really want (drama is sometimes called for in conversations with children. Scaring them them works..... right?)

him: Would that be suicide?

me: Ummmm.........

Oh Chandler, how many times a day do I say "Oh Chandler"?

No comments:

Post a Comment