Wednesday, May 5, 2010

genetics

Every night as I load up the dishwasher I am amazed at the amount of cups my family goes through in a day. Today I decided to keep track.



There are 7 people in this house and 21 cups on the counter. I know for a fact that I didn't use one of them and the man only used one when he came home from work. So that leaves 20 cups and 5 children. For some reason this is super irritating to me. It was irritating to my mother as well when I was a kid growing up. She never really nagged about stuff, that I can remember, except the cups. Why did we need so many cups? Why do my kids need so many cups?

I guess irritation runs in the genes.

6 comments:

  1. Ah this exact thing is driving me CRAZY at my house lately too! My kids new thing is to use two at once - one inside of the other cause then it changes the color of the cup. um.... that's just annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha!!! Ben does the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take it back, I did have one with my smoothie. I still don't think this news makes anything better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to give each child a cup with their name on it or different color and that is the only cup they get in a day. It works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, it doesn't. Already tried that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really??? Sorry to hear that. :O(

    ReplyDelete