Thursday, March 8, 2012

fare thee well, loves

Dear Family,

Today I going to leave you for three whole nights. I know this displeases you to a spectacular degree and I am sorry to admit that I am very much looking forward to it. You see, I believe getaways of this nature were created for the soul purpose of saving the sanity of the stay at home mom.

Or, really, any mom.

It's been a few years since I left you. I don't do it often. Not near often enough if you ask me. There comes a time in every person's life when they feel a little under appreciated and taken for granted. It is in those times that a break should be taken so that everyone regains a certain perspective. A much needed time out so that our hearts can grow fonder.

You know, absence.

I know if I asked you if you love me you would say YES with a resounding enthusiasm that might convince me you are telling the truth. I know if I asked you if you appreciate me for all the little things I do for you you would hug me and say yes, yes we do.

I know.

But I am leaving anyway. I am going to spend three days and three nights with other women. And I bet if I asked them how they were feeling most of them would admit to feeling the same way I am feeling. Under appreciated and taken for granted. I mean, who doesn't feel that way, on occasion? I bet most of them would also admit that they can hardly wait to go home and kiss and hug their own families. Just like I will want to three days from now.

But not for another three days.

I am sorry.

I am sorry that while I am gone you will probably eat your body weights in Ichiban. I am sorry that things will seem off kilter and maybe even a bit disorganized. I am sorry that you will not have my cheery disposition to wake up to in the morning.

I am sorry for that. And also, I am most sorry that I lack a cheery disposition upon waking in the morning.

Have fun in my absence. Enjoy the scenery and by that I mean your father.

And especially, enjoy the Ichiban.

I may or may not be laughing inside right now.

I love you. I love you. I love you. Be good to each other. And miss me terribly. It will make my return that much sweeter.

And please know, if I come home to a kitchen that looks like it hasn't been loved since I left it Thursday morning then I will be turning around and walking straight back out.

Am I threatening you? No. I am promising you.

Love,

Your ever loving Mother and Wife and Puppy Trainer.

3 comments:

  1. Amen sista! I will have to copy and paste this in a month for my trip. Counting down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous time! I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete