Saturday, March 3, 2012

housekeeping

We have some minor housekeeping issues to discuss this morning. I know, I know, housekeeping is boring. I promise to end this one off with a super delicious recipe though to make it worth your while.

First off, my baby brother told me to watch the trailer for Silent House. So I did. And the trailer scared the crap out of me and I don't scare easy. I like scary movies but these ones? The ones that could actually happen? Hmmmmmm, I just don't know.

Oh bother, I'll see it. Maybe I'll take my baby brother and scream in his ear.

Did you see The Strangers with Liv Tyler and the quiet talker from Felicity? That scared me to death. I didn't sleep at all that night and I made the man sleep on my side of the bed so he could be murdered first when the creepy mask wearing kids decided our turn was next.

Silent House reminded me of that.

This is totally not why I gathered us here today.

First real item of business. If you look to the right --------> (and down) you will see the Google Friend Connect. For whatever reason this Google Friend Connect and I have had a love/hate relationship over the last couple of years. I like it because it's a really easy way for people to follow this wicked-in-every-way blog. At the same time the number on it grows at slow rate. In fact, if it was growing any slower it would be going backwards.

It has to go. It irritates me too much and we don't approve of irritation over here. Only giggles and rainbows.

So, in one week I will be removing it from my blog. If it is the only way you have of following me then please, please, please do one of these instead:

- subscribe. The area to do that is also to the right--------->( and down) It is right on top of the Google Friend Connect. Enter your email address and you will get an email when I update this awesomeness.

-or, friend me on Facebook, if you haven't already done that, and when I post here I'll post the link there. Capiche?

- or, follow me on the Twitter where I will also always post a link. That one works the least effectively, in my humble opinion though. Twitter is like the radio, you tune in and you tune out. No one ever goes back to see what they've missed. It is a cacophony of speedy amazingness that I love love love.

Okay, so now that you've linked yourself to me in a different way, rest easy that I will still find you and ooze into your lives with the subtle femininity that you were so used to with the friend connect.

Second item of business. I was again nominated for something that really has no value. Remember when I harassed the life out of you for the Circle of Moms top 25 mommy blog contest awhile ago? Well, now I was nominated for Circle Of Moms top 25 Funniest blogs. When I placed #4 with the other contest and not a single thing happened to benefit my life in either a positive or negative way I decided that these contests might be more hassle then they're worth. So I'm not harassing. I'm just mentioning. The button to go vote for me is also to the right------> I am way down on the list because I haven't mentioned it yet and also because the girl who is in first obviously has a world of minions whose soul purpose is to find every computer on the planet and vote for her. I have no desire to compete with that. It takes all the genuineness out of it.

Plus, The Bloggess is over there. And, seriously, she wins.

And also she might be nuts.

Thirdly, are you on instagram? How much do you love Instagram? I'm mad about it and have been for awhile. Just found out there was a button. So follow me there. And maybe, if your'e nice, I'll follow you back.

I read this blog called The Fit Housewife. It is written by this super sweet, super healthy, super fit, super dedicated and super dooper motivated woman named Jen. She posts all kinds of interesting facts about fitness. She also does weekly menus that are guaranteed to be good for you. This week I tried one of her recipes because I just happened to have every ingredient for it in my kitchen, which may or may not look like this right now......



Laundry baskets on the island? What has the world come too? Oh yeah, a puppy who chews on everything. Everything has to get put up. Disaster. Not the point. The point is, the recipe was delish. And I suggest you eat it because it was delish. And good for you too.

Tex Mex Chicken Chili

I did not have pasta sauce so I used a can of crushed tomatoes, a can of tomato paste and Italiano seasoning instead. I also added some dried Chilis but it got too spicy for the kids. So next time I'll leave that out.

The rest of my family ate in on rice but I just ate it. And I loved it.

And that, my friends, ends this most important meeting today.

Meeting adjourned.

3 comments:

  1. Quiet talker is Scott Speedman. I love him. I love that used a Felicity reference.

    2ndly, I am not sure what to do without Google Friend Connect. I love it. I love it. I love it.

    And, your home is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't already following you on FB and Twitter, I would do so now. Also, I think you are one of the funniest so you got my vote. Finally, I wanted to leave you with this inspiration quote since I know you appreciate them (inspirational quotes):

    If the wind will not serve,
    take to the oars.
    Destitutus ventis, remos adhibe
    Latin Proverb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels weird not to end the meeting with a prayer, but it would be even more weird if we did...right?

    ReplyDelete