Wednesday, July 18, 2012

academia

So.......I received my university correspondence course in the mail a few weeks ago and haven't even cracked it open because I've been so lazy busy doing other things. Okay, that's a lie. I did crack it open and closed it 5 minutes later when the children made it perfectly clear I would not be expanding my brain with knowledge and stuff at that particular moment. I haven't even tried because my minions make it real hard-like.

Anyway, I need to get crack-a-lackin. Youknowwhatimean?

In the interest of academia I bribed the two littles with big ol' slurpees if they went to day camp today.

Here is where I plug the City of Calgary community day camps. They are free, people.

FREE!!

Free day camps? Yes please.

Anyway, so they are at day camp until 3:30 which means that as soon as I am done talking to you, my people, I will be educating......and stuff.

While I was filling my cup with ice, the cup in which I will pouring Diet Pepsi into momentarily, I said to the 14 year old, "We need to put more ice cube trays in the freezer because you and I are going through ice like the Dickens."

To which she responded, "Did the Dickens go through a lot of ice too?"

Umm.......

Okay, so if you need me I am here. Getting smarter. Or that's the plan anyway. Everyone be quiet now.

Shhhhhhh.

1 comment: