Tuesday, July 17, 2012

anyway, it's tuesday.......

So, it's Tuesday and here's what I think about that:

1. I need the wee one to learn how to ride her bike before we leave for camping next week. But I don't want to teach her. And I don't want to pay the ridiculous Pedalhead price of $160 to have someone else teach her something the rest of us learned for free. Because that's how it went back then. We got on our bikes and we learned how to ride them. Now we pay people, no more qualified than ourselves, to do it for us. I'm not so sure what this says about our lazy society but what it says about me is that I'm cheap.

I can't teach her though because I'm low on patience and I figure I should start stock piling it for the 10-days-of-camping-with-just-me-and-4-children extravaganza coming up.

2. Next Tuesday I leave for 10 days with 4 children to camp. In a tent. Just me. And them.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

3. Back to the bike thing. I offered any and all other children in this house $20 to teach her so I don't have to. They went out an hour ago and I haven't seen or heard from anyone so not only is it quiet but children are learning things and making money.

4. I am fully expecting some big juicy tears to come through the front door anytime now.

5. My truck is dying. Which may impede my ability to camp next week but let's hope not since I have already started the list making for this grand event and that is no easy feat!

6. Tents and coolers and 4 kids. 10 days. I may have mentioned........

7. I just threw away ANOTHER pair of Amelia's shoes that I just caught the dog eating. This is the thing. A couple of months ago I went out and bought her 4 pairs of $5 shoes. So it doesn't make me nuts when she eats them but come on dog! Enough.

8. Yesterday the dog ate a bottle of suntan lotion. That's gross, right? Why doesn't she believe me when I tell her it's gross to eat that stuff.

9. And also, yesterday she ate half a brick of unsalted butter. In one gulp.

Honestly. Dogs are dumb. I've taken to calling her Dummy because, really, what else is there to call someone who eats unsalted butter and suntan lotion?

10. I'm super excited about the day camp happening at the church across the street. Along with the lawn mowing it's so tranquil around here I feel as though I'm not about to slip into madness at all.

11. I am hoping that mid-July is a perfectly normal time to start the crazed craving for the children to go back to school. And if not, then I am way ahead of schedule and being ahead is always a good thing.....no?

12. Last night my brother teased me on the twitter by saying he was waiting to find out if his wife was pregnant or not. It was not cool. Not cool at all!

13. I used to dream about people being pregnant and then finding out they were. It hasn't happened in a long time but I wish it would because I appreciated the head's up.

Anyway.............

2 comments:

  1. You are a brave woman - camping alone with 4 kids. I don't think I could do it! We still need to get Bowen off his training wheels as well. Ashton just managed a couple of weeks ago but because we had waited so long it only took about 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 17, 2012

    I am so with you on teaching how to ride a bike! I keep thinking this might work: "ust let my son push the bike with his feet on the ground! He'll get so sick of how slow and cumbersome that is, he'll figure out how to ride all by himself! lol.

    ReplyDelete