Wednesday, July 4, 2012

the random vacay

Is it possible to will the weather to do what you want it to? We are here, in the Okanagan waiting, ever so not patiently, for the weather to get decent enough to do what I came here to do.

And that is rot on a beach with one of the most awesome books I have ever read and a never ending supply of Diet Pepsi.

I sure do love how the supply actually never seems to end.

Anyway, this is what a family of 6 does to kill time while they wait for their sun dance to reach the Gods and grant their one simple wish.......

A warm sunny beachy day.

They buy two really stupid DVD's and then watch them back to back. The Wrath of the Titans appeals, apparently, to only those with the Y chromosome.

And Mirror Mirror, which was the let down of the century for me. I waited for that thing to come out on DVD so I could buy it and I hated it so much I got up and left the room. So I can't even really say I watched it.

Because I didn't.

I simply don't understand the whole accent confusion thing. Some are English. Some are not. Some are trying and failing. Or are they? Julia Roberts, are you trying to be English or just a very proper American?

Explain yourself.

This family wanders malls and tries, in vain, to explain the concept of money to the little people tagging along who will not get it to save their lives.

Maybe it's because the parents of these little people spent $70 in the food fair to feed them one meal. Maybe that's where their confusion lies.

The mom takes the oldest son out for his treat night. He wants to see the Hunger Games, which just so happens to be playing in the cheap theatre of this small town.

Awesome coincidence, if I do say so. I loved that movie the first time and I loved it even more the second.

"I volunteer!! I volunteer as tribute!!"

That part makes me cry and, apparently, every time. And when Rue dies? Well, that goes without saying.

The little one discovers processed cheese in the wrapper and gets excited everyday when grandpa lets her eat "plastic cheese" as her treat.

Gross.

This family discovers the wonder that is the the Chocolate Candy Shop Blizzard from Dairy Queen. It is the flavour of the month and if you haven't had one then I suggest to get your scrawny butts to the local DQ and indulge. Because, seriously, it is ridiculous.

We discover the Bulk Barn in this small town. We find out that there are three in our own big city but heaven have mercy......

The Bulk Barn? Where have you been all my life?





Make your own Screamers in the same store as the make your own milkshakes?



I know what this place is.

It's Candyland!

And being in Candyland might just be the next best thing in a beach town where it's too cold to go to the beach.

The man sleeps endlessly and in fact just said this very thing, "Vacations are exhausting." Poor guy, he's working so hard.

I have commanded that he feed the children because, despite the fact that it is only 17 degrees outside, we are going to the beach.

With our coats on.

P.S. For those of you who care, I am reading the Dovekeepers and it is by far the best thing I've read in eons!

Eons, I say......

3 comments:

  1. I loved the Dovekeepers too! It was so good. Hope it warms up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I can't stop thinking about screamers. I thought the only place to get them was the zoo. I think I will be driving over to scenic acres tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get some decent beach weather soon. As for me I prefer it a bit cooler - I'm not a hot weather person!

    ReplyDelete